Saturday, December 15, 2007

Update on our progress

I am looking back on my list of links and seeing what we have and have not done.
We through in the Akaroa Dolphins on day 1. Weather prevented us from seeing Mount Cook but we went by. We didn't go to the Haka on the top of the Gondola because there was a free one at the Kiwi Bird Park. We didn't do the Central Otago Wine Experience, instead we ate too much and went shopping.
It was too early for a pint when we were in Arrowtown but we did pan for gold. Also, Chris took a Bungy jump on that day. And alas, the bra fence has been removed. According to lonely planet the town had asked the farmer to take it down in 2006 but he had refused. I guess they won.
Also instead of staying the hotel tomorrow we are staying with Anna (see the only photo I got to load back on our arrival day). Chris is going to call her in a few minutes and take her up on her offer. That will save us enough money to go out to a nice dinner and take her with us!

I think I have proved my own worth as a travel agent and that if you spend over a month preparing for a trip it just may be worth it.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I am glad you are getting to do lots of fun things! Enjoy the weather, because even if it rains, at least it is not freezing - we have gone from 75 to 45 for the high - YUCK!!! Have a Merry Christmas - with the time change that may be today - I don't know :)