Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Happy Christmas! (Days 22-25)

That's what they say in NZ!
It's Boxing Day here which is not celebrated. They just call all the sales Boxing Day sales instead of after Christmas Sales.
We spent Christmas Eve relaxing and preparing our Christmas Feast. I sat outside and read with my legs in the sun. I managed to get burned on my shoulders and my legs are still white. Go figure.

We took a drive to see the street with all the lit up houses. So lame! If Chris and I ever move here we have to live on that street only to show them how it is done. I am sad we waiting in traffic for that.
One Christmas Day, Chris and I took a walk on Takapuna Beach. It was warm but windy. My my hat is almost blowing off.
The tree I am standing next to is Pohutacawa which is the New Zealand Christmas Tree. It blooms this time of year. People still use evergreens in their houses.

We opened presents in the morning. Chris and I both got some nice things and I think his parents liked all the gifts we got for them.

Here we are at Christmas Dinner. We had turkey with stuffing (pesto and pine nut stuffing), cranberry sauce, broccoli salad, zucchini quiche, garden salad, bread and jell-o salad. For dessert we had Pavlova and fruit.
It was a lovely meal and we were all stuffed. We are still eating leftovers today.
I did miss my grandmother's cooking. As much as Christmas in the middle of summer didn't feel like Christmas to me, I realize how odd it is for Chris to have Christmas in the middle of winter.

Today is Wednesday and we are leaving Sunday night so we really only have 4 more days until we come home. I love it here but my limit for being away from home has hit. I miss Boogas, my mom, my bed, the couch, my kitchen, dance class, work.

No comments: