Sunday, December 9, 2007

Day 8: About Town

I actually posted about day 6 on day 7, so that is why it skips a day.
Today Chris and I went out and about by ourselves. He took me around the University of Auckland which is where he went. I learned that in Universities here you only take classes related to your major. So Chris was in engineering and had to take math but not English or History. It sounds good in theory but he can't quote Shakespeare like I can.
We went around the area shopping. We went up a big hill where you can see all of Auckland. We also went back to an art shop I had been in earlier in the week with Chris's mom and bought a nice print. It is a painting of Auckland done in a sort of bright fanciful way. Pretty modern.
Chris also bought me a nice t-shirt and I bought a hat to wear out in the sun.
We went to lunch at the Blue Cat Cafe (couldn't resist) and I had a toasted panini with chicken, apricots and cream cheese.
I actually got a bad migraine so we came home about 3:00 and I had a nice nap. I think my mom has been worried if I didn't get a migraine all month that I really might move here. It's safe mom, I still have headaches upside down. -The humidity was 99%, that's the cause of it.
Speaking of, we walked by a fountain today and where the water drains to pump back the top some leaves were circling. Water really does go down the drain the other way!

PS My mom's good friend and my painted furniture diva mentor, Barbara, is in the hospital in Owensboro. Will all my praying friends please say one for her? Thanks!

No comments: