Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Day 2: Why he key?

That is how you pronounce Waiheke. It was the perfect day to go out onto the island. I am only upset that I took Chris's dressing advice and wore jeans. It had been windy and chilly the night before but the day was gorgeous and sunny.
We rented a car and drove in a circle around the island going to every beach.







We stopped in the first little town of Oneroa. Oh-knee-row-ah. Here is Chris at the "Citizen's Advice Bureau". The sign says "For all sorts of answers". That made me laugh. I was tempted to go in and ask a weird question.
Everything is slightly different. Yield is Give Way. Exit is Way Out. When the walk/don't walk sign changes to the walking man it makes a loud "bloop" noise. We were at the crosswalk and it changed and scared me and I squealed. Sort of gave myself away as tourist on that one.









We had fish and chips for lunch and sat at a picnic table on the beach. Here I am eating a chip. I feel like a proper Kiwi now!















This a photo from the last beach we went to, Surfdale I think. It was gorgeous. We sat up on those rocks for a while and watched the waves come in.

I don't have the pictures of our night at SkyCity yet because Chris's dad took them with his great new camera. I will try to get them up soon.

No comments: