Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Day 17: Back in Auckland


Today we are back in Auckland. Chris has gone off to help his dad and I am hanging out and doing laundry. I would like and try and get pictures up on all these posts when Chris gets back.
Some funny things I need to share.
1. Sheep. They are everywhere. Not kidding. Millions. But none to pat. Every time we drive by some I picked out the cutest one that I would like to pet and feed a banana to. Chris has realized that he could have saved a lot of money by just taking me to the petting zoo.
2. Street Signs. They are so pleasant. Instead of "flagman ahead" it says "please stop if requested" instead of "yield" it is "give way". There are also signs with exclamations points and the falling rock signs are pictures of rocks.
3. One lane bridges are everywhere. There is sign showing which side has to yield. I am going to write a letter to the Prime Minister. You would think New Zealand could afford two lane bridges.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are you going to be able to drive on the RIGHT side of the road anymore? I am a little worried as I know I travel some of the same roads as you to and from work. Enjoy the rest of the trip. I hope your Christmas is one to remember - I can't wait to see the blog about it!